Well after a day of laying in bed, watching terrible tv, and eating nothing but this
….I am still sick. 😦 My body is taking longer than I anticipated to shake this thing. I am especially disappointed because yesterday would have been a productive gym day, and I also had Free Fun planned that I had to cancel. It involved free cheese, which makes it all the more upsetting.
Quick week 2 recap
This week’s goals:
- Go to the gym 3 times
Cook all my meals on weeknights (accept Thursday because I won’t be home More to come )
- Balance my meals in a healthy way
Drink 3 water bottles of water a day
- Find 1 free thing to do
- Try yoga again
-Now that I am at least able to keep water down, I have been drinking lots of fluids.
-I wouldn’t call my last 24 hrs of “meals” balanced. Crackers and Gatorade hardly fit into many food groups.
-I am trying to stay positive and accept the fact that life happens and sometimes things do not go as planned.
Since I have a lot of time on my hands, I did some research today on foods that can restore health and decrease nausea. Here is what I have found!
Foods that help eliminate nausea:
- Crackers – they absorb stomach acid. Gross but helpful.
- Sports drinks- they are rich in potassium and electrolytes.
- Apples- small amounts of fiber help clear out the system
- Nuts- protein can regulate nausea
- Chicken bouillon broth
- Mint and Ginger- this is an old school remedy for nausea
- Greasy foods- this causes gas which is NO fun for anyone
- Meat- fatty foods are too difficult to digest
- High acidity foods– stomach acid mixed with more acid = bad news
- Dairy products- Lactose apparently produces acid in the stomach
I also found a lot of strategies for preventing nausea that I would never have thought of before!
I actually have most of these positive foods on hand, so I am hoping to piece together some meals today and have them successfully remain in my stomach. I also plan to try some yoga today. Wish me luck!