Monday’s are so much less painful when you are on summer vacation 🙂 Don’t hate me hahah
Over the weekend:
It has been 10 days since I started my new thyroid medication and I have been feeling fantastic! So far I have not noticed a change in my metabolism but I have been feeling much more relaxed and anxiety free! I have also noticed a change n my energy level. Typically at the end of the day I am exhausted and passing out by 10. Not anymore. Truthfully I don’t know if it’s the medication or the fact that I’m on summer vacation, and frankly I don’t care! I am fine with the placebo effect. 🙂
Changes I Have Made:
- Cutting back on the caffeine. A few times a week I have been substituting my coffee with caffeine free ice tea and green tea.
- I cook my spinach and other leafy veggies. I don’t understand the difference, but apparently raw leafy greens are bad, and cooked greens are alright.
- I take a fish oil supplement
- I eat a lot of yogurt. A lot.
- I have purchased a few gluten free items which are reasonably priced.
- I love strawberries. Discovering they can interfere with thyroid function was upsetting. As you will see, I do still eat them, but not nearly as much as I used to. Small steps.
My one complaint is that I cannot eat within an hour of taking the medication in the morning. I am not a morning person, so I wake up, eat and run. I have had to pack many breakfasts to go recently.
Here is yesterday’s FOOD, FUN & FITNESS:
Haddock was on sale this week for $4.99 a pound so I bought 5 pounds. I cooked half of it last night with some lemon pepper, lemon juice, and fresh lemon basil! On the side I made a batch of organic quinoa with arugala, spinach, grape tomatoes, fat free mozzarella cheese and fresh basil. Trader Joe’s organic quinoa is $1.99 a box. Can’t beat it.
I did some shopping yesterday with a few gift cards I had. I bought a pretty new summer dress! Gift cards are the best.
At night I went to Brian’s baseball game. HIS TEAM WON THE WORLD SERIES! Very exciting stuff lol
None. I walked around Target for a while if that counts.
Today I had job #2 and some things to do for job #5. I was lucky enough to have lunch with my mom and grandmother this afternoon as well. I showed my grandmother my wedding dress! She and my mom are the only ones who have seen it. Nothing like a wedding dress to put you into wedding mode though. I started thinking of all the fun wedding things we have coming up. Right now we are in a lull, but with 103 days left until “I DO”, that is bound to change. Right now I am finishing up the planning for Kara’s shower and helping out with my own. It’s all so exciting and I CANNOT believe how fast time is going by. I will be Mrs. Sullivan before I know it. 🙂
Coming up we have the food tasting and the shower, and then it should be smooth sailing until about late August.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
To enter the giveaway please complete the following:
- Leave me a comment telling me which item you are most excited to receive and why.
- Tweet SLF’S giveaway
- *As a bonus (and per-Nolan’s request) share a favorite recipe you have! It can be one you have found here, or one you have cooked up at home! We are always looking for new things to try.
A winner will be selected on Thursday! Good Luck.
*(Only available to those in the continental U.S)
Question: What is your favorite free activity to do?