Hey all. How’s the day treatin’ you? This morning I was eating my breakfast (coffee free again) and I caught something very interesting on Today. This actually goes very well with my current detox situation.
Has anyone ever heard of this Six Weeks to OMG Diet? Venice Fulton is the founder of this current diet craze that is sweeping London.
He is a personal trainer with a degree in sports science who believes that the way we currently live does not adequately give our body the opportunity to burn fat and lose weight. He has written a book that will allegedly aide in losing a considerable amount of weight in 6 weeks.
Here are the basic (and outrageous) guidelines for this diet.
- Skip breakfast. He claims that by consuming a meal first thing in the morning, our body’s metabolism has to burn it off immediately, and cannot break down existing fat.
- Take a COLD bath first thing in the morning. Our bodies do not like to be cold. Taking a cold bath will cause our body to rev up our metabolism to heat ourselves up and burn more fat.
- Drink 2 cups of black coffee. Black coffee is also a metabolism booster which encourages fat burning.
- No snacking. Eating inbetween meals leads to over eating. Cut out snacks all together.
- Limit fruit. It is high in sugar.
- Exercise on an empty stomach. You will burn more fat this way.
- Blow up balloons for a flat tummy. Fulton suggests getting a bag of 20 balloons and blowing them all up to stimulate the stomach muscles.
I’m going to give you all a minute to digest this plan.
Ok so… discussion time. For the most part, this plan goes against everything I have ever read that bares any weight. Skip breakfast? Seriously? This is just going to be another one of those diet crazes that everyone looks back on and laughs and thinks, why were we so gullible?
I have no doubt that this plan WILL help people loose weight because it certainly sounds like a shock to the system. Anyone who has ever dieted knows that shocking the body is the best way to see results. However once our bodies reach a consistent balance, it plateaus. This is why so many workout systems recommend switching up the routine every few weeks and keeping our body on it’s toes. In other words, skipping breakfast and snacks and taking cold baths WILL help you lose weight…initially and in a very unsafe way. But like most extreme diets, the body will adapt and you will probably end up gaining it all back and then some!
I would love to hear everyone’s opinion on the matter, and whether or not they would consider going on a diet like this one.