Hey everyone. How’s your Monday been? Mine has been a bit thought provoking. I have come to many realizations today.
- This is probably my last week of Summer vacation. YUCK!
- I HATE working out. I have kind of known this for a while but it really hit me today. I went for a run for the first time in…about 3 weeks. I have had no motivation to exercise AT ALL! I forced myself to go to Cushing today for a quick 2 1/2 mile jog. It was very evident that it had been a while because I was DYING! Also my fingers swelled up an insane amount. My poor ring was holding on for dear life.
- I LOVE to cook. Food and cooking keeps me sane. If I could go back in time, I would go to culinary school. Getting paid to make yummy things? Yes please. I could spend all day in the kitchen. The satisfaction of a delicious meal is so gratifying. The cleanup however….lol
Yesterday, Nolan and I did our FAVORITE thing in the world….No not that 😉 Grocery shopping. I know that sound so lame, but when you love food and cooking as much as we do, a store full of ingredients is heaven.We actually hadn’t gone shopping since July 8th! Obviously we had zero food left in the house so we went all out and stock up on meat and pantry items.
Yup. Stocking up! We buy in bulk and then individually wrap portions in freezer bags. It saves money and eliminates frequent shopping trips.
2 hrs later, we had a fully loaded kitchen. I have to say, it was so nice not to have to buy any produce. Thank you farm share!
The worst part of grocery shopping is trying to decide what to eat. There are so many choices!!!I drew my inspiration from this weekend’s Wild Harvest yogurt parfait. I created my own using some Chobani, nectarines and granola.
Food just tastes so much better when it looks pretty. 🙂 The large Chobani containers were on sale this week for $2! Needless to say I stocked up! The mango flavor is quickly becoming my second favorite flavor. (Next to pineapple of course) This combo of mango and nectarine was incredible! Here are a few of my favorite Chobani/fruit combos
- Lemon with blueberries
- Pomegranate with cherries
- Vanilla with strawberries
- Honey with blackberries
I also did some prepping for tonight’s dinner!
I also have some VERY fun plans for tonight that are really going to “kick off” the fall season. 🙂
Enjoy the day. 🙂
What is your favorite meal to cook?
Is there another profession you wish you entered into?