Good Morning HOLY FREEZING!!!! OMG.
Yes, that says 10 degrees. TEN! That was yesterday’s temp and although I haven’t set foot outside yet today, the awesome draft coming in from our bedroom window suggests that today’s weather will be sadly similar.
I have a few tangent things to mention this morning… here it goes!
- Thanks to everyone who has already entered the Black Tie Cookies giveaway!
I finally broke into the Symphony cookie last night. I broke off a piece of this massive cookie to enjoy with my nightly cup of coffee and at first bite I melted. I was sure nothing would touch the incredibility of the Last Dance cookie, but Symphony is now tied for first place. I have always been a chocolate lover, and this cookie took cocoa to a new level. The butterscotch chips and the chocolate were a new flavor combo for me and one I could not get enough of! I inevitably jumped up and devoured this whole cookie in about 2 minutes flat!
- I signed up for another semester of rec volleyball! I cannot wait to get back on the court!
- I also signed up for a blogging/social media course at the tech school! I am hoping to learn some new tips and tricks to take SLF to the next level. 🙂
- Last night’s dinner:
Add some chicken….
- Last night was the season finale of American Horror Story Asylum. WOW. This was the first season I watched this show, and omg was it good/creepy/disturbing/addicting. I def need to find and watch all of season 1.
- Tuesday was Date Night, and this week, we switched things up a bit. As I mentioned earlier this week, this weekend was sports/food overload, so we decided to forgo a restaurant dinner, and instead had a simple meal at home. Nolan was in charge this week, so he borrowed a Nintendo WII system from his brother and we spent the night curled up on the couch playing old school Nintendo games! We actually spent about 3 hrs playing Pokemon Snap!
Yes for those of you who were not aware, I’m kind of a nerd. Shocked? LOL probably not. Anyway, it may sound like a lame date, but we had a blast. There were a lot of laughs and some good, healthy competition and trash talking. I was trying to think of a last time Nolan and I ever sat down and played a game together and this may have been the first!
- My year of discipline is still going strong! (minus last night’s cookie massacre). For the past 6 weeks I have spent 5 nights a week at the gym, and thanks to My Fitness Pal, I have been keeping pretty good track of my calories. I’m not going over them with a fine tooth comb, but I am staying on top of what I put into my body and it feels great.
Alright, time to face the cold and head to work. I can’t believe it’s Thursday already. Best part of a 3 day weekend? A 4 day work week. 🙂
Song of the Day:
Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice
Question of the Day:
Did you play video games growing up? What is your favorite system/game? Mine is Super Nintendo, Super Mario All-stars!