…Ren and Stimpy anyone???
I am in an annoyingly good mood today. Actually, I have been in an annoyingly good mood for all of 2013.
Here are a few contributing factors:
56 on Sunday?!?It’s going to be a gorgeous weekend. 🙂
- The NHL lockout is over! Finally, some hockey. 🙂
- I won my first ever blog giveaway! Thanks to Chicken Nugget Girl, I will be getting a Bic Band! This is actually perfect timing because my hair is untamable in the winter.
- Biggest Loser is back!
I am so addicted to this show. I am always so much more successful with my exercise/eating plans when the show is in season. It’s so motivating to see these dedicated people working their big butts off, and become happier and healthier people. AND Jillian is back!
I have a slight girl crush on Jillian, and I am so pumped that she’s come back to the show. The last 2 seasons haven’t been the same without her!
- This weekend, Nolan and I made big plans for our first married Valentine’s Day! We are going on a foodie road trip to Burlington Vermont for a weekend of food and fun! It’s about a 4 hr ride from here, and I have only heard fantastic things about the drive (very scenic) and the area. We are staying at the same hotel chain we were married at, so we got an incredible deal! While we are in the area we plan to visit a few breweries, (especially Magic Hat which is one of my favorite beers) the Cabot Cheese store, and the Ben and Jerry’s factory!
*These are a few “behind the scenes” things that have been going on with me that I haven’t been blogging about.*
- My dad has been feeling better. Remember when Nolan and I had the chance to cook Christmas dinner this year?
Well that was actually because my dad ended up going to the hospital Christmas afternoon with some diabetic related issues. It sucked. He ended up staying in the hospital for 5 days, and I was a little less than calm about it. I saw him over the weekend and he seems to be feeling better and as always, is in great spirits. Fingers crossed he will stay out of the hospital for a while!
- Remember the news I got from my doctor a few weeks ago? Well to say things got progressively worse would the understatement of 2012. Last year ended for me on a crazy note. Like clinically.
See your thyroid controls your metabolism and hormone distribution and when that is out of whack as much as mine was, all sane bets are off. All I can say is, poor Nolan. He had to deal with a very frustrated-mood swinging- anxiety ridden-depressed wife for most of December. I ended up making an appointment with a specialist and finally saw her last Monday. With her help and encouragement, I have already started feeling a LOT better. 🙂
-Did you know that they sell organ stuffed animals? I love the little thyroid!
Ok, time to get to work.
OH! One last thing that has recently put me in a great mood.
- Heard this gem on the radio last night.
My wall was COVERED in Ricky Martin posters in middle school. The 90’s were a magical time.
Do you have a favorite 90’s artist?
What has made you smile recently?